Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson was born in Oxford, England, on April, 15th, 1990. It has spent first five years of the life to France (her mother – the Frenchwoman) then the family has returned home. Parents of the actress – lawyers Jacqueline and Chris – have soon divorced, and Emma with younger brother Alex remained to live with mother.

Before reception of a role of Germiony Grendzher in "Harry Potter" Emma did not have a professional actor's experience, but she took active part in school statements: on its account of a role of a malicious witch Morgan in «King Arthur: years of a youth» ("Arthur: The Young Years"), Swallows in performance «the Swallow and the Prince» ("The Swallow and The Prince"), «the angry cook» in «Alise in the country of miracles», and also one of leading roles in Oscar Uajlda's fairy tale «Happy Prince».

In seven years Watson has won school competition of readers of poetry of a name of Dejzi Prett. Undoubtedly, all its merits could not remain not noticed and when in the Oxford elementary school agents on a casting for "Harry Potter" have welcomed - Emma's teacher has chosen it and some more children to send them on listening.

In the beginning Emma was not in earnest about it: to it it was pleasant that it has not taken off on the first round, and it did not feed any illusions: «It seems, in total was more than five listenings. My daddy has told to me:“ you Know, you should realise that there there will be thousand girls ”– I have answered something of type“ O.K., I will have in view of ”. For me it was as an amusing adventure – I and did not try to achieve desperately a role, and, more likely, has been keen on process». However the more listenings was behind, the Emma's relation – eventually became more serious, it has bypassed these thousand other girls, at many of which, by the way, already there was behind shoulders a professional actor's experience, - for Watson it became a bolt from the blue.

«I have called at once the best girlfriend – as soon as to me have told about it.“ Well so, you have received a role?? "-" yes!! »She shouted minutes five from delight – at me hardly membranes have not burst – in my opinion, she has been excited even more than I... Business was so: me have resulted in studio, have set near to Rupertom [Green] and have told:« You have received a role ». Minutes five I simply stood, absolutely indifferent to all event - while to me is valid not cunningly:“ Devil take it, it not a dream??? Somebody, pinch me! ”».According to Emma, popularity at all has not changed it: above all she likes to spend time with girl-friends, to go shopping (and then to defile in magnificent dresses on any premiere), to sing and dance. Unlike the heroine, Emma is involved a little with school academic disciplines – it is more keen on sports: especially hockey in which she plays from early age. Also to it are interesting English лапта and tennis. And still Emma becomes crazy on Brad Pitt. An idol among actresses for it is Dzhulija Roberts.

Young star – the doubtless leader. She adores to communicate with the press, and journalists result in its indescribable delight